One of our very favorite things to do here in our workshop is to play around with combining beautiful new scents and textures in our natural skincare line! For all of those kindred spirits out there who love to make it yourself here is a super easy version of our Sugar Body Polish for you to customize as you like.
Sugar Body Polish Recipe:
1/2 c. organic coconut oil
2 tbsp. organic apricot oil
2 tbsp. vegetable glycerin
5 drops of your favorite essential oils (lavender, lemongrass, lime, patchouli) or food grade extracts (vanilla, coconut, licorice, almond etc.)
1 1/2 c. organic cane sugar
Optional additions: powdered herbs, buttermilk powder, poppy seeds, ground lavender
- ½ cup organic coconut oil. Melt in a pan on very low heat. Remove once melted and begin cooling. Add…
- 2 tbs. organic apricot oil. ( May substitute any other light organic oil)
- 2 tbs. vegetable glycerin.
- Wisk together and when room temperature add:
- 5 drops of your favorite essential oils (lavender, lemongrass, lime, patchouli) or food grade extracts (vanilla, coconut, licorice, almond etc). This will set the tone for either a gentle scrub or invigorating. You will notice that as much as you wisk, the glycerin and extracts will not combine with the oils. That’s okay…they will stay coated on the sugar.
- In a mixing bowl measure out: 1 1/2 cups organic cane sugar. If you would like to add anything else (like powdered herbs, buttermilk powder, poppy seeds, ground lavender ) you can add up to 3 tbs. to the dry sugar.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry and stir until combined and all the sugar is coated. You may need to sprinkle some more sugar in to make sure that all coconut oil is absorbed or your finished polish will be hard to scoop.
- Spoon polish into a container (no glass in the shower!). *You have not added any preservative so use this batch up! Keeps for several days-refrigerating it makes it un-scoopable.
Think of the endless combinations….